Visitors are welcome to our meetings and if you have Parkinson's yourself, or know someone who does, you are especially welcome to come by and spend some time with us in a caring, sharing and compassionate environment.
In the meantime, feel free to browse through our website.
Please note the Point Loma Parkinson's Group website contains an ever growing amount of information and links to many websites with even more information. To make access to all this as easy as possible, we have included a Search This Site feature and our database is continually updated. A limitation of the search program is that it will not store or search for words with less than four (4) letters. Should you be have a problem searching for something you believe ought to be in these pages, please contact the webmaster for assistance.
02/16/14 SITE ISSUES
All pictures have been replaced after a software update . . . We shall see if the pictures stay or disappear once again . . .
7:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 01, 2014
More information coming soon.
This website last updated on: September 04, 2014.
- Information regarding PD and Osteoporosis added to Resource Section.
- Updated Caregiver Support Group information on Caregiver Cafe page.
- Article added to Dr. Eric Marcus" Corner
- Members of the Tremble Clefs sing with Sheldon Reynolds of 'Earth, Wind and Fire' fame for album to be released in September! See news story here.
- Link to 'Caring for the Greatest, Muhammad Ali' added.
- One of our group members suggested we add a Memorial Page to this website. I have begun such a page, but I am in need of suggestions and advice from as many folks as possible before I move forward with this project.
- Added a page as an information repository for Previous Speakers (something I should have done before . . . )
- The May 7th meeting was Andrea's last meeting as she is moving on in her educational endeavors. Good luck Andrea - we will miss you!
- Important fact sheet, "Medicines for Parkinson's Disease" - Information about common medications prescribed for Parkinson's, and medications to avoid when taking certain PD medications.
- Link to 'Pretzels for Parkinsons.org' They taste great and support efforts to find a cure for PD.
- Link to the California State attorney General's online California Advance Healthcare Directive form (this form can be filled out online and printed).
- Link to article 'Mindfulness: Turning Off Auto Pilot' in Donne's Place.
- Link to to the San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter of the American Red Cross 'Be Prepared San Diego' website and Seniors Prepare for Disaster handbook.
This site is intended to provide general information only, and should not be considered as replacement for consultation with a medical professional. Disclaimer – The information on this website is provided on an “as is” basis. The user assumes all responsibility for its use.