Visitors are welcome to our meetings and if you have Parkinson's yourself, or know someone who does, you are especially welcome to come by and spend some time with us in a caring, sharing and compassionate environment.
In the meantime, feel free to browse through our website.
The Point Loma Parkinson's Group website is unique in that it contains a 'stand alone' Search Feature'. This site contains an ever growing amount of information and links to many websites with even more information. To make access to all this as easy as possible, we have included the search feature and our database is continually updated. A limitation of the search program is that it will not store or search for words with less than four (4) letters. Should you be have a problem searching for something you believe ought to be in these pages, please contact the webmaster for assistance.
In The Spotlight:
In 2006, Rock Steady Boxing became the first gym in the country dedicated to the fight against Parkinson’s when it opened in Marion County, Indiana. Rock Steady Boxing now is open in San Diego!
Learn more about the Mediterranean Diet:
Harvard School of Public Health
- Mediterranean Diet and Workplace Health -
Is nutrition the future of brain health?
Feed your stem cells.
- This website last updated on: November 25, 2015.
- Interested in finding a partner in natural health care? Click here to check out the presentation notes from Dr. Ryan McNally from Bastyr University,
- Clueless as to how to go about finding an assisted living facility (and how to judge which ones might better suit your needs? Check out the CARR (Consumer Advocates for RCFE* Reform) web site by clicking here. *Residential Care Facility for the Elderly
- Information regarding regular well-being checks by law enforcement staff (You Are Not Alone program)
- Link to Watch Yourself: Device May Improve Research and Parkinson’s Monitoring
- Link to National Osteoporosis Society Vitamin D Guideline Summary added
- Information regarding PD and Osteoporosis
- Updated Caregiver Support Group information on Caregiver Cafe page
- Members of the Tremble Clefs sing with Sheldon Reynolds of 'Earth, Wind and Fire' fame for album to be released in September! See news story here.
- Link to 'Caring for the Greatest, Muhammad Ali'
- Important fact sheet, "Medicines for Parkinson's Disease" - Information about common medications prescribed for Parkinson's, and medications to avoid when taking certain PD medications.
- Link to 'Pretzels for Parkinsons.org'
- Link to the California State attorney General's online California Advance Healthcare Directive form (this form can be filled out online and printed)
- Link to article 'Mindfulness: Turning Off Auto Pilot' in Donne's Place
- Link to to the San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter of the American Red Cross 'Be Prepared San Diego' website and Seniors Prepare for Disaster handbook.