~ This website last updated on: January 19, 2018 ~
Most folks come to this site to either find support or information. The latest news about PD may be accessed via the link at the top of this column and the 'Custom Search' feature below is intended to help you find information contained within the pages of this website. The upper right portion of the column to the right will keep you apprised of the date, time and nature of the next meeting of the Point Loma Parkinson's Support Group.
We also hold daytime 'Break-Out' Sessions once a month. Break-Out sessions involve persons with Parkinson’s and their care partners meeting in a group the first hour and separately the second hour to discuss topics of interest or concern, share experiences and ideas, and provide support for one another.
Our Break-Out Sessions are held in the Community Room at the Point Loma/Hervey Library, 3701 Voltaire Street, San Diego, CA 92107. Meetings are currently being held the fourth Monday of the month from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Visitors are welcome to our meetings and if you have Parkinson's yourself, or know someone who does, you are especially welcome to come by and spend some time with us in a caring, sharing and compassionate environment.
If you have questions or need to make contact with a member of the group, please contact the webmaster for assistance.
In the meantime, feel free to browse through our website. The Point Loma Parkinson's Support Group website contains a site specific 'Search Feature'. This site contains an ever growing amount of information and links to many websites with even more information. To make access to all this as easy as possible, we have included a search feature whose database is continually updated. Should you have a problem searching for something you believe ought to be in these pages, please contact the webmaster for assistance.
If you have ideas for the improvement of this website, we would very much like to hear them - once again, please contact the webmaster.
Point Loma Parkinson's Group Next Meeting
Monday, January 22, 2018
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
10:00 AM to 10:45 AM - Group Sharing
10:45 AM to 12:00 PM - Discussion Topic
Parkinson's and First Responders
'What do I need to be prepared in the event of an accident?'
Dianne York Karty, Engineer/Paramedic San Diego Fire Rescue
Point Loma/Hervey Library,
3701 Voltaire Street, San Diego, CA 92107
Click here to see more
- Click here to register for the Michael J. Fox Third Thursdays Webinars on Parkinson’s Research or choose from the video archive on the Michael J. Fox website.
- Every other week, the National Parkinson's Foundation brings you a new pod cast episode of Substantial Matters: Life and Science of Parkinson’s. Click Here to learn more.
- Click here to register for the National Parkinson's Foundation Webinar Series or Click here to watch archived videos.
- Click here to register for the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's Challenge for Living Well webinar series.
- Parkinson's Women on List of Best PD Blogs in 2017, Click here to see more